What's new
What's new

Thompson Model F Surface Grinder- Need Auccurate Weight

dalmatiangirl61

Diamond
I'm looking at a Thompson 6x18 Model F surface grinder, early 40's as it has a war production board tag, and need to know a reasonably accurate weight. I see some manuals for sale on ebay, but I need to know asap so I can make a decision, and figure out what to use to haul it. So if any of you guys have a manual and could look that up real quick, it surely would be appreciated!
Thank you!

Edit: How do I edit title to get rid of that extra "u"?

I've looked at vintage machinery, not much there for Thompsons, and what is there does not list weights. According to seller it has an 8 x 18 mag chuck, yet in pics it appears actual table surface is longer, so it might be an 8 x 24. Seller thinks it weighs about 3000 lbs, not sure if that is accurate, or high/low.

Thanks Tray!

I'm not sure what the differences are in a Model F vs a 2F, found a couple threads on PM where they were discussed,with weights mentioned range from 3800 to 4800 lbs, but that is for the 2F. Looking at pics the F looks a little smaller, but guesstimating weight from a pic never works from my experience.

I guess if I get it I'll just take the big trailer, towing it sucks but its better than making 2 trips.

Back