Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    BULGARIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Living in eastern Europe i can say only good things about TOS.there are a lot of TOS around here.very good mashines.for that price its a very good deal,the only downside is you are far away from Europe .for my little expiriance best grinders are BLOHM

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

likely the machine bought...as this an old thread.
    Still it is hard to check out a SG for close work perhaps to tenths grinding...in one short look it over...

Seeing the straight edge I perhaps would check the chuck top to see it was near flat..yes you are checking the last chuck truing to see it can grind flat for long travel, with checking the chuck edge close to the operator standing. also would check the chuck cross travel edge far to right for flat (the least used area).

I would check the down feed with wheel on a wood block to see perhaps less than a half turn free travel in the down nut.
    Many check the cross hand wheel free play but many a grinder is still good with cross free play.

Spindle should sound good with a sound rod to your ear. Grind surface should be smooth but that can be a condition of balance and nor a fault of the machine.

I have never ran a Tos but it seems a good design and well built.