What's new
What's new

Type 50 and Type 6 Grinding Wheel Compatibility

Brezzy

Plastic
I've been searching for an answer across many forums.

I have a grinder that uses a 6" wheel with 1-1/4" arbor and 4 bolt holes. The type 6 wheels look like they match the bolt pattern of a Type 50, but is it feasible/advisable to install a type 6 wheel on a type 50 grinder?

I have a hammond grinder that uses that type 50 but 7” and i ended up having to special custom order them if i didn’t want green wheels. i did and they were expensive but not stupidly overpriced. then i could actually get the grit i wanted too. As for type 6 or type 50 just have to get a drawing and compare the bolt pattern.

Thanks for the reply. I'm taking a chance on a Type 6A2C diamond wheel. I have the machinery to drill proper holes as necessary.

Well, the verdict is that a Type 6 works on a Type 50 grinder. At least for my grinder, the back plate provided both 8mm and 6mm holes for mounting.

I bought the following from GoVets.com. Good price, quick shipment. The wheel is quite nice.

6" Diam, 1-1/4" Hole Size, 1" Overall Thickness, 220 Grit, Tool & Cutter Grinding Wheel

310-03586062

$146.21

Back