What's new
What's new

what grinder?

shazzam

Aluminum
would be best suited for sharpening 3" to 4" dia x 1/8 side stagger tooth circular cutters?I currently send out for resharpening but the turnaround is slow and new ones are not cheap.I use about 6 per week.

Got an Oliver Ace ready to go with tooling that will do the job. I replaced it with a newer version of the same machine. If you left the machine set up for the job it would take you maybe 5 or 10 minutes to re grind the OD of the cutter. Grinding the sides will require a bit more time but can be done. I basically got into cutter grinding for simular reasons. For the price of maybe 5 or 6 trips to the CG shop I could purchase a machine to do the grinding in house. PM me if you're interested.

As to your original question, most any cutter grinder worth its salt will grind a 4" stagger tooth milling cutter. Oliver, Cincinatti, ect

Paul

Time to move to an insert cutter. You can get one that will cut with 1/8" or 3mm wide inserts, 4" diameter with 1-1/4" hole. Do your slotting at 5x the speed you are now, and just change inserts when they get dull about every 4th week. ;)

thanks for the response,for now ,I'm gonna continue like the turtle.But I will explore an insert cutter,just not sure if the old machine I'm using can go fast enough for inserts.

Back