What's new
What's new

What are these attachments for?

rimcanyon

Diamond
These came with a turret lathe, but the first one looks more like a grinder attachment to me. The second is a complete mystery...

This attachment says "chaser diameter inches" with a scale from 1-13.

IMG_1185.jpgIMG_1187.jpg

No marks on this one:

IMG_1181.jpgIMG_1182.jpgIMG_1183.jpg

I don't recognize them specifically, but they probably are grinder tooling for sharpening form tools and thread chasers used on the turret lathe.

It would be alot easier to visualize the 2nd device if you rotated the side piece so it doesn't pass through the plane where the whole thing mounts on the tool-and-cutter grinder table, then showed front and side views of it in the upright position (mounting base down).

It would be alot easier to visualize the 2nd device if you rotated the side piece so it doesn't pass through the plane where the whole thing mounts on the tool-and-cutter grinder table, then showed front and side views of it in the upright position (mounting base down).

I have one other picture of the second device, and I will take some more tomorrow. The tool in the center has a carbide tip and there is a slot along the side of it (the knob on the right has a shaft which threads in and controls the height of the tool). The tool pivots freely at the rear end (which sits in a slot and has a nut and washer). A micrometer head was in the hole at bottom right, pointed to the left.

IMG_1184.jpg

Back