What's new
What's new

What are these for on ebay - Magna lock

These are magnetic hold-downs for a surface grinder. They allow you to hold non-magnetic parts to a magnetic chuck.

It's two steel strips connected by a bent flexure. The solid strip is stuck to the magnet at light power with one hold-down on either side of a part, then the power is increased and the feathered strip sucks down, with the little fingers deflecting a touch to conform to the part.

Not sure if that explanation makes sense or not? They are pretty handy.

They are hold downs for non magnetic materials. Sometimes perma clamp and magna grip....some guys make their own.

Herman Schmidt has a version that are $$$$$

Steve.

Sent from my LM-G900TM using Tapatalk

Those are for holding non-magnetic parts to a magnetic chuck. Like aluminum parts to be ground. The edges with slots go against the part and when the magnet is turned on, they get pulled down by the magnet and a wedging action takes place.

As others have said, it's for holding non-magnetic workpieces to a magnetic chuck plate.

The original patent tells the story. Enter "us2477297" to Google Patents to get that patent.

Well they sold.....some one got a deal.

Kind of pricey for what they are, but $150 is the cheapest I've seen a set of those go for online. That is to say the genuine magna lok brand.

Steve.

Sent from my LM-G900TM using Tapatalk

Those are on the way to me as we speak.

Yeah, those are the cheapest I've seen. There's a B&S set on there for $375 or something like that.

Back