What's new
What's new

Wheel adapters/ HUB for Covel surface grinder 10-1238

CRJarvis

Plastic
My hub has a lot of ware on it and looking for a new one with the balencing hub.
it has a 1-1/4" Arbor LH thread. looks like it can take up to a 3/4" thick Stone type 1,
the old Hub i have does not have the balancing lugs like the newer ones.
and trying to find a Manuel for it. Covel surface grinder 10-1238 even one close to it will help.
if anyone can help thank you looking for what type of Hubs / adapters i can use on it.
any help on this is greatly appreciated.

New wheel adapters come from William Sopco and sons . . . google it.

Wheels of the size you are looking at only need balanced for the most exacting work. If you want to balance a wheel, first install the wheel securely on a hub that is equipped with the balancing weights, then DRESS the wheel, bottom and, less important, sides. Remove hub with mounted wheel from grinder spindle, and NOW you can balance the wheel like your posted video shows, or with another method, but you must dress the wheel first

thanks for this wmsopko.com info it has helped me out, thank you thank you. tried to reply to this before but have to wait for admin to approve.

just busted the belt on it last night anyone have ideas on how to install it. i looking at trying not to take it all apart to do it.
picked up a belt that will work will post info and photos as i get them. anyone have a manual for this one or one close to it?

20210914_164558.jpg busted it had not used it in a wile and after a few passes it went. so stopped by a few bearing places in town and found this. 20210914_155700.jpgthe PowerGrip 450H100 was just right. cut it and a hell of a job threading it in with out taking the top off. cleaned it up some wile i was at it.

I take it the belt is for longitudinal table travel? I said a few choice words when reinstalling the one on my MicroMaster for the first time that serves the same function. They definitely have some tricky spots.

Back