What's new
What's new

where can i get a replacement for this ? (metal files on chain link)

magman36

Plastic
Hi Guy, i just got a request to build a new chain with with files on it, i was wondering if anybody has even seen this and any idea where i can get a replacement ?, chack out the pictures, any comment will be welcome.P7020090.jpgP7020092.jpgP7020093.jpgP7020094.jpg

Hi Guy, i was wondering if anybody has even seen this and any idea where i can get a replacement ?View attachment 144508View attachment 144509View attachment 144510View attachment 144511

Yes I have seen those, it is used on a band filing machine. Grob, DoAll and others made these in the past but are pretty much obsolete now. AFAIK it is primarily due to the NC machines having 5 axis and the EDM machines ability to burn clearance angles at the same time they make dies.
DoAll may offer re sharpening service, dunno for sure though. If you have to make that filer chain you have quite a project on you hands, and I'd be interested to see your progress.
Dan

thanks,i know its going to be a challenge to reproduce this chain, im gonna have to think if its Worth my trouble and if the Customer i going to pay all the time to produce it

just did some research on the Grob band filles and yes its exactly that so now i know what to look for and hope i can get a replacement part instead of having to make it, thanks guys!

If you are still needing the replacement for this, we (Grob, Inc) still have quite a few file bands in stock. We may not have what you need as we stopped production decades ago, but we may have something that works. We do also have a lot of the file machine parts still available if needed. Thanks!

Back