What's new
What's new

YUASA GX-800 Tool & Cutter Grinder

Gordo234

Plastic
Hello All,

I recently purchased a Yuasa GX-800 tool and cutter grinder. It's in very good used condition, runs quiet, no rust, good paint. It came with all the standard accessories, only thing I am missing is an owners/operation manual. Yuasa Intl. tells me my machine is an '82 and that they were made for Yuasa by NEWS in Japan. No luck getting a manual from Yuasa or NEWS. I was hoping maybe someone on this board would have a copy that I could purchase?

I love this thing. Typical Yuasa high quality. It's a solid little unit, has about the same footprint as my Baldor pedestal grinder and weighs in at about 850 lbs. Hopefully the manual will save me some time figuring out all the different setups this machine is capable of.

Regards

Did you find a manual? I am looking at the same machine but am reticent to purchase without a manual since support for the machine appears to be non-existent.

Hi Gordo 234 and awsubie:
These are pretty simple machines.
If you can't find a manual for this specific make and model, you can still get most of the way there by looking at other tool grinding manuals.

This particular machine is kind of reminiscent of a Cincinatti Monoset but not quite as complex or versatile.
You'll operate it pretty much the same way with maybe a few quirks.

I wouldn't be intimidated by it at all...you'll figure it out.
Don't let a good one pass you by simply because of a missing manual.

Cheers

Marcus
Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining

Look up the Monoset manual, it should give you most of the info you need. There's also this guy on YouTube from Indonesia or somewhere that runs a Monoset clone, watch some of his videos for a look at some ways to grind different tools with a similar machine.

Tool Life - YouTube

nice channel. his collection of broken carbide endmills looks like what i have in the drawer.

I know you guys are young and indomitable, i was too, once.
If you haven't already, read up on the hazards of grinding carbide and use adequate PP.
I still grind some, but mostly avoid it. I use mist and supplied air hood when doing anything significant. Good paint respirator even for a quick grind. Yes, i know the skin contact is bad, too, and usually wear rubber gloves. I still make brazed tooth carbide cutters for woodworking, but have switched mostly to stellite. It is a little safer, and it is superior anyway, for woodworking tools.

PS, not a nazi about it either. But i had to work with some asbestos shingles the other day on our house, and remembered all the jobs 40 years ago, where i just loaded up a junk skillsaw blade, and sawed into the side of an asbestos sided house for an additon, or whatever. No mask or anything. Mostly just feel lucky to have survived, and taking fewerchances while still healthy.

smt

Good advice. I use flood coolant on the surface grinder and fogbuster style MQL coolant on the tool grinder. AND also have a full face respirator if needed.

Back