What's new
What's new

Anyone have a QIDI TECH X-Plus 3D Printer

yes, when it works it seems to work great but I have issues with the nozzles plugging up. printed all week no issues, finished one print, printer sat for a few hours started the next job and it was plugged (not the first time). took the print head apart cleared the clog now the print head wont heat over 175c. plugged in another extruder and same issue. both heads had 14ohm resistance and 23v feeding. emailed tech support and they wanted a video, really don't know what a video will prove that after 10minutes the temp only hit 175. Not sure where the failure but it seems parts are available. they have a ebay/amazon/ali stores.

I have the X-MAX and have had no issues. It's dead simple to use and produces good prints right out of the box.

I have two X-Plus machines I have run about 50 kilos of filament through and they work just fine. It was recommended to me by a friend that uses several Qidis for production work.

Facebook has a good Qidi user's group.

Pros of this printer: large print area, fully enclosed body, 2 spool mounting options, 2 network interfaces, built-in backlight, ability to turn off the printer after printing, magnetic table with good adhesion and easy part separation.
Cons: High price
What do I lack in this printer to call it perfect, in terms of usability? It needs a quieter driver and a double-sided part blowout.

I have 3 at home and works has bought 3 I also have their UV cure printer as well. They are awesome out of the box with little adjustments. Simple to use and reliable. I run the home printers nonstop all week and the work printers run 24 hours a day. in 2 years we have had no issues other then operator error. Their new I-fast is amazing with beautiful registration at 25% faster speeds.
Hope this helps

We have 2 X-max units. They work great! Need to re level the bed occasionally. Have had to change the print nozzle a few times, keep extras on hand.

I realize this is an old thread, but it caught my eye because I just purchased a Qidi X-Plus II. I've been using a Prusa Mini+ for about 15 months now, and needed another printer to increase production and also easily get into nylon and polycarbonate. I've only been using the Qidid for 5 days thus far, but have already developed some opinions:

1. It makes nice prints and is pretty easy to set up.
  2. I haven't had any clogging problems so far.
  3. So far, I prefer to use the Prusa Slicer rather than Cura or Qidi's version of Cura. This may be because I've been using the Prusa slicer for a year and am comfortable with it.
  4. Speaking of Slicers, the standard setting gcode from Cura seems to take about 2-3 times longer to print than that of Prusa. For example, the same exact object printed with the basic Prusa slicer takes about 2.5 hours to print. With Cura, it's closer to 5.5 hours. Both with a layer height of 0.15mm. I printed both and there is no noticeable difference in quality. I haven't looked too closely at the gcode yet, but I did notice that the print speeds aren't all that different. I mention this because, if you're new to 3D printing, you might not realize how long the prints made by Cura are compared to Prusa. Or maybe I'm missing something.
  5. The X-Plus II comes with two separate extruders for low-temp and high-temp printing. The low-temp extruder has an MK8 M7 nozzle and the high-temp a MK10 M7 nozzle. I've been trying to find a source for the MK8 M7 nozzles, other than Qidi, and it's not been easy. I need 0.6mm for a specific project. The original X-Plus low-temp extruder had an MK10 M7 nozzle. I don't yet know why they made the change.
  6. For $610 including tax and shipping, what I paid at an 11-11 sale, the Qidi has a lot of bang for the buck. I'm impressed. The customer service has been good so far. However, I'm questioning the choice of the MK8 M7 nozzle.

We've got one and I absolutely love it! - have not had ANY issues with it (yet) We use Simplify 3D for slicer and Solidworks for modeling. My Son bought us a bit bigger nozzle than it came with (.6MM I think?) Prints bigger prints way faster, but still really nice prints. Kinda like running .012 wire on a Wire EDM, (cuts way faster because it carries more juice)

My son bought this printer at the beginning of summer. Did great until he ran some filament through the print head and it clogged up. He unclogged it and eventually got it back to running. He went ahead and bought a new print head for it that is supposed to be a bit better than the one that came with it. We've run several different materials thru it including one of the polycarbonate nylon filaments for printing a couple of gears.
He changed out hte platen with a piece of Garloc sheet we purchased from McMaster-Carr and took a bit to get it adjusted out level and has been working out very good.

Anybody Print with Priline CF PC on Simplify 3d? I have a Qidi Tech Xplus and have Been through about 10 rolls or so just fine getting good prints. Bought 2 more rolls from here and both machines I have are doing the same thing looks like a build-up of filament on the nozzle is causing the print to get caught on the print and causing supports not to be printed as well as defects in the walls of the part.
I have leveled the bed, calibrated the flow rate, and new nozzles ( tightened them while is was heated). Wondering now if its a filament issue. I can try and dry out the filament but this was never an issue before and these are brand-new seal rolls (if that means anything).

Anybody Print with Priline CF PC on Simplify 3d? I have a Qidi Tech Xplus and have Been through about 10 rolls or so just fine getting good prints. Bought 2 more rolls from here and both machines I have are doing the same thing looks like a build-up of filament on the nozzle is causing the print to get caught on the print and causing supports not to be printed as well as defects in the walls of the part.
I have leveled the bed, calibrated the flow rate, and new nozzles ( tightened them while is was heated). Wondering now if its a filament issue. I can try and dry out the filament but this was never an issue before and these are brand-new seal rolls (if that means anything).
I does sound like it could be a filament issues, but I have had printer problems with my Prusa Mini+ that manifest like filament issues. Have you tried running another type of filament through your printer, just to confirm whether it's printer or filament related?

5. The X-Plus II comes with two separate extruders for low-temp and high-temp printing. The low-temp extruder has an MK8 M7 MK10 M7 nozzle and the high-temp a MK10 M7 nozzle. I've been trying to find a source for the MK8 M7 nozzles, other than Qidi, and it's not been easy. I need 0.6mm for a specific project. I received incorrect information about this from Qidi. After much back and forth, both extruders use the MK10 M7 nozzle. The original X-Plus low-temp extruder had an MK10 M7 nozzle. I don't yet know why they made the change.
I can't edit my original post, and wanted to update it.

I have the Qidi X-Max 3 and the thing is a tank. The only issue is that I can't figure out how to change the IP address of the machine. I can see the factory address, and it works, but it would be nice to put it on the same network as everything else. :)

And they even had a profile for Simplify3D for it.

I have the Qidi X-Max 3 and the thing is a tank. The only issue is that I can't figure out how to change the IP address of the machine. I can see the factory address, and it works, but it would be nice to put it on the same network as everything else. :)

And they even had a profile for Simplify3D for it.

I watched a video on the Qidi X-Plus 3 printer by Clough42 on Youtube. It seems like he loves it. Sounds like there was quite a bit of improvement over the II versions of the Plus and Max.

How do you like it so far?

Looking at one of these and wondered if anyone has any experience with this unit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JCKNQS...olid=19NOL0XGUB2VN&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Opinions?

Thanks,
Ted
Hello sir. I have a Qidi x plus 3D printer. I have had the machine for about 2.5 years now. I bought it when it first came out. It’s been amazing. It’s not the FASTEST machine. But I only print polycarbonate and nylon most of the time. So I don’t print fast. But it makes great parts!!! I actually took the printer completely apart, and lined the inside with thermally reflective material to help keep heat inside the machine while printing exotic material. The table is very nice and flat. The OS is great, and easy to use. Wifi printing. I mean, it pretty much does it all. I absolutely love my Qidi!

Hello sir. I have a Qidi x plus 3D printer. I have had the machine for about 2.5 years now. I bought it when it first came out. It’s been amazing. It’s not the FASTEST machine. But I only print polycarbonate and nylon most of the time. So I don’t print fast. But it makes great parts!!! I actually took the printer completely apart, and lined the inside with thermally reflective material to help keep heat inside the machine while printing exotic material. The table is very nice and flat. The OS is great, and easy to use. Wifi printing. I mean, it pretty much does it all. I absolutely love my Qidi!
I have the X-plus II and I've had mixed success with it. I bought it to print Polycarbonate and Nylon as well. I've been using Overture Easy Nylon and Prusament PC Blend. I've had better luck with Nylon than PC, however, in both cases, I've really struggled with warping on slightly larger prints, say 2"x3"x4" boxes I was attempting to make an electrical enclosure pushbutton box. I tried printing the same material on my Prusa Mini+ which has no environmental protection (ie. no surrounding box) and both materials printed just fine, though the Nylon comes out nicer. Also, I really did not like the slicer that came with my Qidi, so I used the Prusaslicer I'd been using for the past 1.5 years that I got used to with my Mini+. I'm not sure whether that impacts my prints on the Qidi.

Do you have any tips on printing Nylon and PC on the X-plus? What kinds of Nylon and PC filaments do you use? Which slicer to you use? Thanks for any thoughts you can offer.

I bought one of the original edition Qidi tech X Max printers in April of 2020 to try and help print some face shield bands for local healthcare organizations. I paid about $990 for it back then. It worked good for a few months but began to have major extrusion issues regardless of the material or settings I tried to print with. The first time, QIDI sent me a new extruder free of charge that had some "upgrades" to it, but it again failed within a month of general printing and took the motherboard with it when it failed. I went back to them for help, and they agreed to send me a motherboard but said I would have to buy the extruder as they had already given me a new one before. After I got the thing all sorted out, it never printed or extruded right from that point on. I spent a solid month trying to diagnose it before throwing in the towel.

The kicker to this is I wrote a pretty poor review of the printer on Amazon, and next day got an email from QIDI tech support offering to give me $300 towards a new printer if I took that review down. It is extremely well built with no 3D printed parts, most of them are all machined or stamped sheet metal, so I cant fault them for build quality, its all of the electrical and moving parts that seem to fail. It seems their new printers are much better, but for the cost of them you can get some of the Bambu products at a much cheaper price and will have better performance in the end.

I use an early XMax at work. I am not impressed. Accuracy/repeatability is pretty meh. Clogs are a PITA to clean up. Part cooling is terrible. The fans on the back for exhaust lasted about a year.

Large volume is good.

I have lots of hot end issues. Once you have to take a hot end apart to clean out a clog it doesn't seem to ever work right again. Filament leaks for example. I've lost heaters and thermistors.

They did change the carriage which helps some for part cooling. Qidi has been very good with after sales support.

I wanted work to get an Ender 3. I have an ender 3 at home. My ender is more accurate, more repeatable, faster (less print head mass) and easier to work on for the few times it does have an issue. Also a fraction of the cost. I quite literally haven't levelled the bed on my ender in years. It just prints.

Back