What's new
What's new

Great example of 3d printed prototype

Grimsmo is awesome. His transparency about his manufacturing process have been really enlightening and helpful in considering how to best set up a small shop. Especially watching how he runs his Tormach. He doesn't exactly cut aluminum so getting to see him put the Tormach through Titanium and hardened steels is pretty cool.

I don't even know if he is on this Forum or not, but it'd be cool to own one of his knives one day.

Grimsmo is awesome. His transparency about his manufacturing process have been really enlightening and helpful in considering how to best set up a small shop. Especially watching how he runs his Tormach. He doesn't exactly cut aluminum so getting to see him put the Tormach through Titanium and hardened steels is pretty cool.

I don't even know if he is on this Forum or not, but it'd be cool to own one of his knives one day.

He is what I call "of the video game generation" which is not a slam. He appears to have real good programming skills but you can see he would really benefit from some manual machining experience. Just some practical, hands on work with a manual mill would take him a long way. His knives are around $500.

Back