What's new
What's new

I need to Copy some parts what's the best option?

Shawn Ghormley

Stainless
I need to borrow and copy some vintage Blackhawk jack parts. i.e headlight switch threaded cover and lens cover. Is the 3D scanner/printers a good setup for this? Because I need to borrow the parts a quick return of the parts is the biggest factor.

Just wondering do the locals think the Big Texan Steak Ranch is a tourist trap? The 3 times I passed through Amarillo I stopped there and really enjoyed the place. On the other hand what is a "Blackhawk jack?" Googling shows them to be car jacks or auto body frame straightening tools. Also you seem to be describing round parts that could be made on any CNC Lathe.

S-4New.jpg100_8307.jpg100_8312.jpg100_8310.jpg

I've only eaten at the Big Texan once, food was ok. Jack is a 1940's S4 jack with the spot light. My plan was to borrow the parts from another jack (another S4 owner) scan at the least and fedex back. Then I could take my time in having them made. Wait a minute, now I know what I could use a lathe for.

If you guys liked The Big Texan, I bet you'll love Beef, Beans, and Beer in Yuma, AZ. If you find someone with Blackhawk Jack they could email you a couple of digital photos with a scale in the photo. Maybe you can scale them 1:1 and create geometry.

Last edited:

Back