What's new
What's new

post processing layer lines on flexible filament

NikkoIndustries

Plastic
good morning everyone!

i build props(video game/movie armor) with 3d printing. i've found that flexible filament is best to build these. but i would like to have a smoother surface finish with little to no layer lines. right now i'm using Kwik Seal and applying layers of that to the print and then sanding it down. doing so hides the layer lines as well as still being flexible with the print so it doesnt crack or flake. the problem with Kwik Seal is that it takes forever to apply.

do you guys know of any other material that does the same? or am i stuck with Kwik Seal to smooth and post process my flexible prints.

Thanks in advance!!

good morning everyone!

i build props(video game/movie armor) with 3d printing. i've found that flexible filament is best to build these. but i would like to have a smoother surface finish with little to no layer lines. right now i'm using Kwik Seal and applying layers of that to the print and then sanding it down. doing so hides the layer lines as well as still being flexible with the print so it doesnt crack or flake. the problem with Kwik Seal is that it takes forever to apply.

do you guys know of any other material that does the same? or am i stuck with Kwik Seal to smooth and post process my flexible prints.

Thanks in advance!!

For ABS and PLA, an acetone wipe down helps smooth out layer lines. You might try that.

Back