What's new
What's new

Samples of a sub $2,000 printer

• Thread starter djnos1978
  • Start date
  • Replies 105
  • Views 38,546
I've got 6 Wanhao printers. They do some amazing prints and were under 1/4th the cost of an "equivalent" Makerbot. They also are most definitely not plug and print. There's lots of fooling around and failed prints but if you're willing to put in the time to make them work they do work well.

Spam? How is this spam?

And yes I do. But did I come out blasting that I do? I was searching for a topic a while back but couldn't find it. There was a discussion about the comparison of industrial machines vs desktop models.

A simple mention is of coarse not spam. He did not come out selling. From his post you could not tell he sold them. You can however, from your post, discern you as trolling this poor guy. Not really necessary in this case in my opinion. Having taken the time to go back and read his last years worth of post track record shows his main objective is to spread his knowledge in the field of 3din'. If he happens to mention a product he deals with it simply puts him in a class of many here who try to make a living in the manufacturing arena.

And with a grand total of 77 threads in this forum. A guy that actually knows something about this shit should be welcomed not trolled.

It is a nice looking cereal bowl you made there for a machinist website. Now make an actual part instead of a novelty. Simple part with some holes maybe

I believe he designed the machine. The software is the magic and i believe ebay has virtually ...well most things it would take to build a hobby machine. To me any 3d printer that uses abs performs close to the same level no matter the price.

I showed a picture of the bowl because I wanted to show one of our best makes. But I have plenty of machine stuff.
View attachment 137331
These we done with lower res for fast printing times.

Yep
And I've seen a whole bunch of oohs and aahs over wedding rings, miniature handsaws and welding tables.
The title says 3d printing
Not, "shit that would easier to make on a drill press."
I'm sorry
I'm not seein' the problem here
If a guy cut that bowl on his Bridgeport everyone would be pissin' all over themselves.
This is a machinist site, he made shit, with his machine. that he sells. They sell goose neck trailors, okumas and mazaks on eBay too. I didn't realize there was a dollar limit on being involved here.

But since I'm neither a machinist or a 3d printer I'm just another shit talker on this whole subject so I'll just move along now.

Na. I think your points are direct and valid.
I have found that people are so quick to discount others on this forum.

I know there was a discussion some time ago about "inexpensive" 3d printers not being able to compare with high dollar ones.
Here is a example that they can compete and even beat them.
View attachment 136786View attachment 136787
View attachment 136785

So, here's my problem.

Three pictures, a bold statement about how what is shown somehow beats a high dollar printer, and....nothing else.

Bullshit!

All you did was claim that yours is better than the high buck one. You have not done a damn thing to demonstrate why it is.
I won't bust you balls or claim to be better than you because it's a plastic extruded part. I'll be clear. I'm busting your balls because you made a statement that is pretty much unsubstantiated by what you put forth as the supposed evidence.:D

FWIW, though, I pretty much ran out of needing plastic geegaws about the same era that the prizes in the Cracker Jack box got cheaped out of existence.

Nice bowl. Strictly decorative. Too rough to keep clean.

How about something to substantiate you claim? Got something that you can put forth as a direct comparison?
Honestly, i would not want your machine, or the supposedly comparable high buck (undefined) machines if that is the best surface finish they can provide. Or the closest thing to a useful object.

Cheers
Trev

So if I understand you correctly you are saying that you have no need of a 3d printer and do not know the accuracy of them. And you are asking for me proof?
So are you just wanting to try to "bust my balls"? I think so mate.

so your telling us the surface finish from a 600x400 1/10 of a meg picture.

bullshit

your argument is still mostly based on the premise 3d printing doesnt belong on your holy machinist site.

d put it here. because this is something that is becoming part of the manufacturing system. there is a place for plastic geegaws. and a guy that can build a Geegaw maker (IN AMERICA!!!) is all good by me

So, here's my problem.

Three pictures, a bold statement about how what is shown somehow beats a high dollar printer, and....nothing else.

Bullshit!

All you did was claim that yours is better than the high buck one. You have not done a damn thing to demonstrate why it is.
I won't bust you balls or claim to be better than you because it's a plastic extruded part. I'll be clear. I'm busting your balls because you made a statement that is pretty much unsubstantiated by what you put forth as the supposed evidence.:D

FWIW, though, I pretty much ran out of needing plastic geegaws about the same era that the prizes in the Cracker Jack box got cheaped out of existence.

Nice bowl. Strictly decorative. Too rough to keep clean.

How about something to substantiate you claim? Got something that you can put forth as a direct comparison?
Honestly, i would not want your machine, or the supposedly comparable high buck (undefined) machines if that is the best surface finish they can provide. Or the closest thing to a useful object.

Cheers
Trev

the only question here is if this guys machine passes muster a a "pro" unit.
and that's milicrons call not the peanut galleries.

so
you out there D
what say you

Back