What's new
What's new

0t----the last muzzleloader

I think it was 1948 when my father gave me a Big Bang carbide cannon. We shot it once in the living room and it sprayed dirty water out onto the rug. Mom said no more of that.

In 1952, I built a Marine Model Co. non-firing brass barreled Revolutionary War field gun kit. I drilled the bore and vented it in 7th Grade shop class. Scraped the explosive out of some paper caps and loaded it with a steel BB. We were temporarily living in a college dorm room on the same floor with a radio station's studios. Of course, I waited to try it out until I was alone in the room. It was quite loud and I have always wondered if the shot was heard on the radio. The people out in the hallway made it clear that they heard it ("What was that? I thought the building was coming down!"), but I laid low and never mentioned it to my parents.

Cannons are fun.

Larry

Usually, when i watch a video like this one, I want them to include more background info.

This time, I couldn't help feeling that there was too much ancillary info, and not enough about the gun itself.

Thanks, though.

For another look at the gun, try this Forgotten Weapons video on youtube:

YouTube

Back