What's new
What's new

0t-------War Production Board Monarch 1942

JHOLLAND1

Titanium
why would an enemy combatant---Italy in this case--use as a centerpiece in machine tool museum a War Production Board Monarch lathe whose intended use was to place that nation at disadvantage?

video clip--target audience---- Monarch Fanboys--no action --dialog Italian

Perche Officina Emilia? on Vimeo

Attachments

• wpb-m.jpg
    wpb-m.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 84
I just wonder what this video was about. Maybe if we get a translation, we will better understand.
I have run a 1942 Monarch during my apprenticeship. It was the same size but a little longer and two months newer. The way I remembered, that it was a year and two months younger than me. Sweet old machine, plenty of power, but not as fast as the rest of the newer Monarch's in the shop. They were 600 series.

JH

why would an enemy combatant---Italy in this case--use as a centerpiece in machine tool museum a War Production Board Monarch lathe whose intended use was to place that nation at disadvantage?

video clip--target audience---- Monarch Fanboys--no action --dialog Italian

Perche Officina Emilia? on Vimeo

...maybe they can use the Monarch's obvious excellence as an excuse as to why they lost...

ww2-vintage-propaganda-poster-usa-hitler-with-swastika-symbol-on-podium-speaking-he-says-it-should-have-been-over-long-ago-but-theyre-building-so-dammed-many-turret-lathes!-circa-1942-r6k15n.jpg

Possibly because after WW2 there was not much available in the way of machine tools to buy in Europe, and a huge surplus of same in the USA. The US did help get friend & foe back on their feet after the war. $128 billion of aid in 2020 dollars. Marshall Plan - Wikipedia

The Monarch in the museum might be making the statement: "This good machine helped save our country."

Paul

Back