What's new
What's new

14x6 Hendey Lathe

Scottiboy5023

Plastic
Hello all, first timer here. I just purchased a operating Hendey cone head and I'm pumped about it. Don't know what I needed it for but it operates well and just looks cool. Just hoping to get a little info on it if someone has some time. The serial number is 22021. I will post some pics shortly.

Hello all, first timer here. I just purchased a operating Hendey cone head and I'm pumped about it. Don't know what I needed it for but it operates well and just looks cool. Just hoping to get a little info on it if someone has some time. The serial number is 22021. I will post some pics shortly.

Congrats. I've owned a 14 x 8 for about three years and have not yet cut a chip but i enjoy looking at it just the same. Where in NY are you?

Manual from 1920ish

http://pounceatron.dreamhosters.com/docs/hendey/1920-Hendey-manual.pdf

My old write up on their lead screw reverse system - starts at Post #17

Hendey lathe "emergency"!

ph

Scottiboy5023:

Hendey lathe No.22021, a 14 x 6, Cone Head model, was completed on August 12, 1919 and is considered a 1918 design. It was shipped with
an Oil Pan, a Taper Attachment and a set of No.2 Collets. The original owner was the Bryant Electric Company, Bridgeport, Connecticut.
At a later date (September 14, 1982, it was owned by Reinhard Machine, Walden, New York. The are no longer any Patterns, Castings or
Repair Parts left in inventory for this lathe, but all of the original drawingas are in the files, so parts can be made if required.
The Operator's Manual, offered as a free download on this Forum, is correct for this lathe.

Hendeyman

Back