What's new
What's new

1900? Leblond lathe - looking for info - HELP

Jem Blueher

Plastic
Recently acquired an antique Leblond lathe : Lot32 No. 11. Does anyone know when this was made? Anyone have a copy of a manual for this machine? Is missing plate with gear and speeds and threading recommendations. Anyone have a picture of one? Help. Thank you.

Does it look anything like this?
If so this plate might be relevant.
IMG_6660.jpg
IMG_6562.jpg
LeBlond can be found here
Home - LeBlond Ltd.
But mine was also too old for them.
I dated mine by the listed patents. The newest of them was granted in 1904. LeBlond continued to receive patents in the following years, but they were not listed on the plate.

Its my understanding that LeBlond started building their own lathe product line in 1892.

Prior to that, they built lathes under contract for another Cincinnati machine tool company.

Early LeBlond lathes were built in groups or lots of 12, so your lathe was the 11th built in Lot 32.

In 1905, LeBlond stopped using the lot number system and that roughly dates your lathe between 1892 and 1905.

My source for this information is an April 2006 post on Smokestack.com by Alan Bowen, who owned a 16 inch LeBlond lathe stamped Lot 2 No.4 1 1892.

Mike

I saw a post from a Sanderson that was posted years ago. It is identical. Sorry, I am having difficulties posting a picture. What's the trick

I also acquired one the other day that is lot 67 no10 I contacted leblond they said it was prior 1905 so assuming yours is older than mine.

Back