Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default 1940s Hardinge and some tooling for sale

Hello! I hope this is the right place to post this, if not please either move this thread or message me.

I have a 1940s hardinge lathe that I am attempting to sell. I am moving, and do not want to go through the hassle of attempting to move it as I no longer use it. It does not have a carriage, but does come with a fairly new VFD and motor as well as some tooling. (Collets, toolpost, and chuck adapter) The ways are worn near the headstock, but it was still operational when I was using it. As I am on a deadline to move, as much as it pains me it will be scrapped if not sold in 2 weeks. I am located in Bristol, VA. I'd like to get about $500 out of it, as that's roughly what I put into it between tooling, VFD, motor, and repainting/cleaning it. Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_20200912_152906.jpg   img_20200912_152954.jpg   img_20200912_152913.jpg   img_20200912_152927.jpg   img_20200912_152950.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sadly I suspect you have a better chance of recovering your money if you sell the VFD, collet closer, and tooling without the lathe.

3. Likes 1Matthias liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had unfortunately expected this as well. Although I'd rather it go as one package deal, I'm not opposed to parting it out.