What's new
What's new

45kg's/100lb. Arrived today for a cleanup.

AussiePete

Plastic
Arrived today for a cleanup and I will mount it somewhere as a conversation piece...I just like Looking at it.

Attachments

• IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 139
A buddy of mine is an elevator mechanic, on a job rebuilding a bank of old elevators. He sent me a pic of a gorgeous bronze worm gear maybe 2ft diameter from one of the units. Been harassing him to snag it for me, but they get to scrap out equipment they remove so maybe not. Hoping he can...

As the "top end" doesn't look very appealing (at least not to me)
I would suggest making it into a table lamp, the shade covering the threaded/straight portion.

Years ago I had a piston from a Lanz Bulldog tractor engine (1 cyl semi diesel) that was over 8 3/4'' dia, ……….I found it in a scrap yard (it was cracked) and gave the guy a ''pint'' for it (about 5 times it's scrap value) - just for kicks.

Had it in the shop for ages - bit of a curio / talking point etc etc until a customer wanted to buy it, I told him it wasn't for sale but he ''just had to have it'' so Sami held out :D ……………………………..and treated his mum to the new pair of shoes ''she'd set her heart on'' from the proceeds :)

When I worked at " Matterson's " , who made over head cranes, I remembered them sending a 15 ton hook out on one of the cranes. It was just like that one only much bigger. The fitter forgot to put the split pin in that hole in the threaded end of the hook that holds the castellated nut in place !

After a few days the owners of the new crane were turning a job around on the crane when the hook, chains, job all came down with an almighty crash ! Nobody hurt though.

Regards Tyrone.

Now....to show off your machining abilities….you need to drill down thru the center, and around the bend to fish the wire for the lamp on top.....

Years ago I had a piston from a Lanz Bulldog tractor engine (1 cyl semi diesel) that was over 8 3/4'' dia, ……….I found it in a scrap yard (it was cracked) and gave the guy a ''pint'' for it (about 5 times it's scrap value) - just for kicks.

Had it in the shop for ages - bit of a curio / talking point etc etc until a customer wanted to buy it, I told him it wasn't for sale but he ''just had to have it'' so Sami held out :D ……………………………..and treated his mum to the new pair of shoes ''she'd set her heart on'' from the proceeds :)

You cad, you! :D

Howdy Digger,as I read Your post I started getting Dizzy.Give it a miss-interesting concept though...Cheers.

Last edited:

Fell into misplaced lust with a 1959 TR-3, left the '52 Ford Customline flathead V8 in me parents side yard. Mum did better than a pair of shoes out of it. Sold it for $75.

I had only paid $90 and drove it a year - lubed on pure "STP" when it got to throwin' 50-weight out the exhaust still in sealed quart tins.

Ford didn't set out to become the world's primo maker of "heavy oil engines". It just wore-ed out that way.

Now....to show off your machining abilities….you need to drill down thru the center, and around the bend to fish the wire for the lamp on top.....

F**k that for a game o' sojers!

He's Oztrailerian. Throw a wrap of fiber in the bight, add a bit of Blue Gum resin, set it alight. Go read the funny papers.

Fall asleep before it is burnt-out anyway.

You'd have to know Australian newspapers?

Back