What's new
What's new

Adcock & Shipley 2 AGU.

Norton99

Plastic
Hello,
I have bought an Adcock & Shipley 2 AGU for about twice scrap value. It came with a vertical head, the horizontal head & a couple of arbors, suds pump was removed but it runs & no major faults that I can see except dirty. The table has a couple of cuts in it and the table feed is broken.
I have to build a new shed to house my valuable collection of things that may be useful to make room for it so for now it is living outside on pallets under a tarp.
By swiveling the table I can see that the gears in the table gearbox are loose on the right hand side when viewed from the lefthand end of the table,(cover removed).
Before I go delving I would like to gather as much information as possible. I have a copy of the manual as supplied by Lathes.UK which does not provide a parts breakdown/ schematic.

Has anyone experience with or information about this machine? My intention is a total rebuild as I really like it and the vertical head is probably worth twice what I paid plus I hate seeing good machines being scrapped.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

_Barry.

Attachments

• HPIM0044.jpg
    HPIM0044.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 167
  • HPIM0043.jpg
    HPIM0043.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 207
  • HPIM0042.jpg
    HPIM0042.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 257