What's new
What's new

Amazing - lathe and mill I sold thirty years ago

Now that is a strange combination for sale! Had to laugh - my 12 year old grandson and I just refurbished the twin to that scroll saw. Only had to make one blade clamp and it works pretty good.

Dale

What was the factory colour for that Hendy John (we don't see many in the UK ;) )

I'll see your hard Maple indicator holder, and raise you an old 5x5 ish oak fence post that made a box angle plate :D

John,

Is that the old Cinci mill with a No. 12 B & S spindle taper?
I recognize that Van Norman universal head there. I recall you let dad take it home so we could adapt it to the old B & S mill that never happen.
Oh, I remember the old Hendy when you had it set up in garage. Don't remember the Maple carriage stop. That's been too many years ago to remember details.

Ken

John,

I recognize that Van Norman universal head there. I recall you let dad take it home so we could adapt it to the old B & S mill that never happen.
Oh, I remember the old Hendy when you had it set up in garage. Don't remember the Maple carriage stop. That's been too many years ago to remember details.

Ken

Hi Ken, no, that's the 2M with 50 taper . You may know those parts shown in b&w photo with the Hendey are Lehmann parts for George Nolde (or however that is spelled)

John,

Ken

Thank you Ken, that bit had me confused as well.

A quick Q, what was the little Cinci ''bench miller / mill drill'' sized machine called? .....nearly bought 3 but was outbid at the last second.

You're really jogging my memory there. John, wasn't that part the castings for the rapid traverse nuts that got the lead/babbitt poured into them to make that 4" lead used on the screw?

John,

I remember drilling and tapping a boat load of holes in those for the Raybestos pads that got mounted to those. Seem like there was three different sizes of them they used on those old lathes. I remember seeing the mandrels that were inserted in the nut bodies before the lead/babbitt was poured into them. The mandrel had the same "fishing reel" looking thread cut on the shaft, that when poured, resulted in a nut thread, ready to install.
Oh, I remember drilling lots of holes in that Raybestos material. I'm still alive from it all! Ken

Back