What's new
What's new

An American antique lathe in France

Densar

Plastic
Hi,
New member from France. Picking up an Hendey lathe 12X5 this week-end. Photos will follow shortly...
The serial n° for the lathe is 23D1815 patented FEB 3 1925.If anyone could pass on some information, I would be grateful!
Tank you!

Denis

I have to say Gene Kelly came to mind (An American in Paris)

This isn't Paris is it?

Hendeyman will be along shortly, I'm sure. He will likely find this lathe "interesting."

Joe in NH

Actual serial will be stamped into machined cast iron in between two front ways adjacent the pair of screws holding up the right hand lead screw bracket. 23D1815 is not a Hendey serial - which will be a simple numeric string of 4 or 5 numbers

Here is a whole bunch of them

Hendey Serials.jpg

Denis,
Since the name Hendey is not in the title of your thread and it is probably too late to change it. I would suggest you contact Hendeyman directly since he has not replied and he may not have noticed it.
You can see what he says about visiting the forum only a few time week .

“I must admit that I usually visit the PM only a few times a week and confine most of my information to the history of a
particular machine.”

“Operator's Manual, the Endless Flat Belt or any other items foryour lathe, contact me directly at: [email protected]
From post # 19 of this thread .
Mystery Hendey Lathe
Regards,
Jim

thank you for your reply and the link.

I will have more pictures of the lathe this week-end and will probably open a new thread with a bit more info.
Best regards,

Denis

thank you for your reply and the link.

I will have more pictures of the lathe this week-end and will probably open a new thread with a bit more info.
Best regards,

Denis

Have a care to keep it insulated from the Earth.

Hendey's have an affinity for Iron. As sustenance. To build and maintain strong bones.

If your one was not properly weaned, it's thirst may awaken.

Magnetic compasses all over France could go inaccurate.

Back