What's new
What's new

American Tool Works Shaper for sale in Torrington, CT

IsleofManFan

Plastic
Looks to be a 15" Shaper has power down feed, and is in working condition. The building is sold or being sold and they want to remove the equipment. I was told the shaper is circa 1910 and was originally run by lineshafting.Apparently, it was surplused by The Torrington Company in the 1930s. It is presently run by an attached motor. If you want more pictures I will contact the guy and see if he will let me get some. Price: Move it, owner can load..this is a piece of history do not let lit be scrapped, please. I went and looked at the shaper today and it is in decent condition and complete. It runs on 220 single phase.I took a bunch more pictures and will attach. Price is free, he will load it onto your trailer or truck. He does not want it to get scrapped.I cannot get the pictures to attach. If interested contact me and I can send them in an email..20210916_ATWF.jpg20210916_ATWFV.jpg20210916_ATW.jpgimagejpeg_AmericanShaper.jpg20210916_ATWVise.jpg

Last edited:
I sent you an email last night with the gentleman's phone number...let me know if you receive it it is coming from a gmail acount as well..TY

I am surprised The Torrington Company did not just go down the street
and buy a Hendey Shaper instead of the ATW, back in the day.

-D

I've only seen a 15 inch listed in 1919, can't find reference anywhere else..............It looks similar to mine in appearance, but there are differences. Mine looks identical to the 1919 ATW catalog picture.

Back