What's new
What's new

Another looking for INFO thread: 1972 IWASHITA NO-1 NK-65 Horizontal mill

graham o

Plastic
Looking for ANY info on this Japanese horizontal mill built in 1970's. IT seems to me well made. The company[at least same name] seems to still be in business but has not responded, I found one youtube video that was more of quick sales clip. It is a pretty simple plain milling machine[ISO 40 taper] and mostly complete. What is missing is the cross feed gear box which appears to be shaft driven. The rapids are driven by a separate motor. Xaxis power feed only. It also came with an R-8 vertical head.
I have pretty much zero machining experience though a fair bit of machinery restoration and mechanical background. This my first mill.

Thanks in advance
Graham O

Looking for ANY info on this Japanese horizontal mill built in 1970's. IT seems to me well made. The company[at least same name] seems to still be in business but has not responded, I found one youtube video that was more of quick sales clip. It is a pretty simple plain milling machine[ISO 40 taper] and mostly complete. What is missing is the cross feed gear box which appears to be shaft driven. The rapids are driven by a separate motor. Xaxis power feed only. It also came with an R-8 vertical head.
I have pretty much zero machining experience though a fair bit of machinery restoration and mechanical background. This my first mill.

Thanks in advance
Graham O

NC Milling Machines | オーダーメイド工作機械「イワシタ」

Thanks in advance
Graham O
did you manage to find some info? i just bought the same machine and trying to find documentation.

thanks!

Hoping for any reply to a general email is just about a waste of time.........you need an actual title (employee) in the company to email.......and very likely in Japanese.

Hoping for any reply to a general email is just about a waste of time.........you need an actual title (employee) in the company to email.......and very likely in Japanese.
I tried that too haha. It seems like a pretty simple machine. I started tearing into it and mine seems like it was well taken care off and not used much. I can still see scrape marks on all slides.

What are you looking for?

Back