What's new
What's new

Antique machinist tools need a home

Colzcolz

Plastic
I got an old Pilliod machinist tool case from an auction for $5, not realizing it was FULL of old tools and parts. As far as I can tell most of the tools are from early 1900s up to the 40s. It was like a time capsule. I'm getting the tool case restored but I have no use/need for the tools. Some are really cool and in relatively good condition considering their age (micrometers, calipers, and a bunch of things I have no idea what they are). Are there any collectors on this site that want them? I would happily send them to someone for free (within the continental US).

I cant figure out how to put pictures on this post, so if anyone can help with that I would greatly appreciate it. I have plenty of pics of the tools. I just hate to toss them because I recognize their age and figured they might be useful to someone. Please respond on this thread if you're interested. I'll answer any questions I can.

Thank you! I just posted the pics so you can see them. I'll shoot you a private message to discuss shipping.

Some of those tools look more expropriate for a pattern maker than a "regular" machinist, but maybe he was doing a lot of sheet layout.

Heh, shows how old I am - when I was in tech HS, we did a fair amount of part layout, but I rarely bothered when on the job. Most work was to dial or display, a scribed edge wasn't accurate enough.

And thanks to the OP for offering up the tools - much nicer than having them go to scrap or sit in a drawer forever.

Back