Antique Reid Surface Grinder for sale
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Antique Reid Surface Grinder for sale

I picked this up a few years ago and started to fix it up. I am now to the point I doubt I'll ever finish it. I need the space and need it gone. I paid too much for it and it needed some repair work when I got it. I did some research when I got it and believe it was one of the first automatic Reid grinders made. I'm guessing it from the 20's. It was a flat belt drive of course but someone stuck a motor inside it for the table drive. It also has a Parker Majestic spindle on it which isn't original. It had some damaged gears in the left to right drive system. I did weld and recut those and it works now by hand, haven't powered it back up since I did that a couple years ago. I am asking $100 for it as it sits in case somebody just wants it for parts and scrap it. If someone can convince me they would want it to finish restoring I would gladly give it away for free.
    Attachment 266571Attachment 266572Attachment 266573Attachment 266574Attachment 266575Attachment 266571Attachment 266572Attachment 266577Attachment 266574Attachment 266575
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails front.jpg   spindle.jpg   crossslide.jpg   paten.jpg   table.jpg  

2. Likes RCPDesigns liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I sent you a PM... I'd love to try to finish what you started.