What's new
What's new

Antique Skinner 10" 1910-s Chuck questions

Powrgen313

Plastic
So picked up this beauty today for $60, a little surface rust but overall in good shape. I am just looking for a little more info on it before i start taking it apart and cleaning it. Starting to think i overpaid.chuck.jpg i have been unable to find anything on this exact model, i did find a 1910lb on ebay for some ridiculous amount of $ but its a completely different style chuck. I believe it was originally on a monarch lathe. Model Number Is Skinner Special 1910-S Steel Body 10" 4 Jaw Chuck. Ref #R-02225 Made in USA.

I agree with Gary as to the quality of Skinner chucks. I have a 5" 3 jaw that was supplied in the late 40s as OEM with a Hardinge tool room lathe. It has two features that I like: The jaws are reversible (teeth on the jaws are lozenge-shaped rather than the typical crescent) and the actuating pinions use a hex key rather than the typical square. It's been my go-to 3 jaw for quite a few years.

well ts not going to fit my lathe...way to big. was wishful thinking that it was going to fit. I put it up on ebay but i have no idea what this thing is even worth. Does not appear to have ever been crashed.IMG_0442.jpg

Back