What's new
What's new

Any Kearney & Trecker People Out There

CWC(4)

Cast Iron
I just uncovered this again in my shop & I would like to try and get a sense of what a fair value would be so I can move them along. Any help is appreciated.
Collection of old Kearney & Trecker brochures bulletins & catalogues for milling machines, attachments and accessories. There are over 30 different ones (about 200 pages in all) bound in a K & T heavy stock binder. Believe most are from around 1940.
These were in my mentor’s shop when I cleaned it out over 15 years ago. I don’t know why he had these as he never had any of these machines but may have come from his days working as a toolmaker at High Standard during WWII.
There’s a lot of information on all kinds of machines, vises, dividing heads, arbors, rotary tables, universal attachments, midgitmill & speedmill, swivelhead attachments, chucks etc.
Thanks in advance for any help and for looking.
CWC(4)

more tools & arbors 016.jpgmore tools & arbors 017.jpgmore tools & arbors 018.jpgmore tools & arbors 019.jpg

May I suggest that you first turn them over to Keith Rucker at Vintage Machinery for archiving. He can send them back to you and then sell them...

CWC, I can't think of a better person to sell them to than Johnoder. Not only will he give you a fair deal, John will read, digest, and understand the information. And best of all, when one of us asks a question on the forum, he will promptly regurgitate that information to the benefit of us all.

CWC, I can't think of a better person to sell them to than Johnoder. Not only will he give you a fair deal, John will read, digest, and understand the information. And best of all, when one of us asks a question on the forum, he will promptly regurgitate that information to the benefit of us all.

Thanks for kind comments Mr. B:)

May I suggest that you first turn them over to Keith Rucker at Vintage Machinery for archiving. He can send them back to you and then sell them...

I sent many pdf files to Keith Rucker as I want everyone to be able to enjoy them.. When I take my dirt nap, I would imagine the manuals will be going to the garbage.. Ramsay 1:)

Sorry, but I am more of a Kempsmith guy.

Yes, by all means sell them to Mr. O. This stuff needs preserved as much as possible.

And I concur with getting .pdf copies to Mr. Rucker. His website has been a boon to those of us who revel in our American manufacturing past. Was just over at Vintage Machinery, and found a new addition to the GEMCO files. Was able to download a 24 page sales brochure that had specs. and photos/drawings of the later shapers the company manufactured.

Sorry, but I am more of a Kempsmith guy.

Yes, by all means sell them to Mr. O. This stuff needs preserved as much as possible.

And I concur with getting .pdf copies to Mr. Rucker. His website has been a boon to those of us who revel in our American manufacturing past. Was just over at Vintage Machinery, and found a new addition to the GEMCO files. Was able to download a 24 page sales brochure that had specs. and photos/drawings of the later shapers the company manufactured.

Isn't it nice to be able to find manuals and info for free? I would have loved to have been able to visit VM when I was younger but back then you had to pay dollars for info on machines... I am glad I donated my manuals as they will live after I do.. Cheers: Ramsay 1:)

I second that. He's just the man to have that catalogue.

Regards Tyrone.

I just uncovered this again in my shop & I would like to try and get a sense of what a fair value would be so I can move them along. Any help is appreciated.
Collection of old Kearney & Trecker brochures bulletins & catalogues for milling machines, attachments and accessories. There are over 30 different ones (about 200 pages in all) bound in a K & T heavy stock binder. Believe most are from around 1940.
These were in my mentor’s shop when I cleaned it out over 15 years ago. I don’t know why he had these as he never had any of these machines but may have come from his days working as a toolmaker at High Standard during WWII.
There’s a lot of information on all kinds of machines, vises, dividing heads, arbors, rotary tables, universal attachments, midgitmill & speedmill, swivelhead attachments, chucks etc.
Thanks in advance for any help and for looking.
CWC(4)

View attachment 220326View attachment 220327View attachment 220328View attachment 220329
How much do you want for the one titled "Swivel Head Vertical"?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back