Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Any Kearney & Trecker People Out There

I just uncovered this again in my shop & I would like to try and get a sense of what a fair value would be so I can move them along. Any help is appreciated.
    Collection of old Kearney & Trecker brochures bulletins & catalogues for milling machines, attachments and accessories. There are over 30 different ones (about 200 pages in all) bound in a K & T heavy stock binder. Believe most are from around 1940.
    These were in my mentor’s shop when I cleaned it out over 15 years ago. I don’t know why he had these as he never had any of these machines but may have come from his days working as a toolmaker at High Standard during WWII.
    There’s a lot of information on all kinds of machines, vises, dividing heads, arbors, rotary tables, universal attachments, midgitmill & speedmill, swivelhead attachments, chucks etc.
    Thanks in advance for any help and for looking.
    CWC(4)

more-tools-arbors-016.jpgmore-tools-arbors-017.jpgmore-tools-arbors-018.jpgmore-tools-arbors-019.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Much nicer than my 1939 version. Have a price in mind?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

May I suggest that you first turn them over to Keith Rucker at Vintage Machinery for archiving. He can send them back to you and then sell them...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah, buyer or seller, at some point get them to VM for posterity sake

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

CWC, I can't think of a better person to sell them to than Johnoder. Not only will he give you a fair deal, John will read, digest, and understand the information. And best of all, when one of us asks a question on the forum, he will promptly regurgitate that information to the benefit of us all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gbent View Post
    CWC, I can't think of a better person to sell them to than Johnoder. Not only will he give you a fair deal, John will read, digest, and understand the information. And best of all, when one of us asks a question on the forum, he will promptly regurgitate that information to the benefit of us all.
    Thanks for kind comments Mr. B

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by swwi View Post
    May I suggest that you first turn them over to Keith Rucker at Vintage Machinery for archiving. He can send them back to you and then sell them...
    I sent many pdf files to Keith Rucker as I want everyone to be able to enjoy them.. When I take my dirt nap, I would imagine the manuals will be going to the garbage.. Ramsay 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry, but I am more of a Kempsmith guy.

Yes, by all means sell them to Mr. O. This stuff needs preserved as much as possible.

And I concur with getting .pdf copies to Mr. Rucker. His website has been a boon to those of us who revel in our American manufacturing past. Was just over at Vintage Machinery, and found a new addition to the GEMCO files. Was able to download a 24 page sales brochure that had specs. and photos/drawings of the later shapers the company manufactured.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jdleach View Post
    Sorry, but I am more of a Kempsmith guy.

Yes, by all means sell them to Mr. O. This stuff needs preserved as much as possible.

And I concur with getting .pdf copies to Mr. Rucker. His website has been a boon to those of us who revel in our American manufacturing past. Was just over at Vintage Machinery, and found a new addition to the GEMCO files. Was able to download a 24 page sales brochure that had specs. and photos/drawings of the later shapers the company manufactured.
    Isn't it nice to be able to find manuals and info for free? I would have loved to have been able to visit VM when I was younger but back then you had to pay dollars for info on machines... I am glad I donated my manuals as they will live after I do.. Cheers: Ramsay 1

10. Likes lienjohn, jdleach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gbent View Post
    I second that. He's just the man to have that catalogue.

Regards Tyrone.

12. Likes jdleach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CWC(4) View Post
    I just uncovered this again in my shop & I would like to try and get a sense of what a fair value would be so I can move them along. Any help is appreciated.
    Collection of old Kearney & Trecker brochures bulletins & catalogues for milling machines, attachments and accessories. There are over 30 different ones (about 200 pages in all) bound in a K & T heavy stock binder. Believe most are from around 1940.
    These were in my mentor’s shop when I cleaned it out over 15 years ago. I don’t know why he had these as he never had any of these machines but may have come from his days working as a toolmaker at High Standard during WWII.
    There’s a lot of information on all kinds of machines, vises, dividing heads, arbors, rotary tables, universal attachments, midgitmill & speedmill, swivelhead attachments, chucks etc.
    Thanks in advance for any help and for looking.
    CWC(4)

more-tools-arbors-016.jpgmore-tools-arbors-017.jpgmore-tools-arbors-018.jpgmore-tools-arbors-019.jpg
    How much do you want for the one titled "Swivel Head Vertical"?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk