What's new
What's new

Atlas 7B dimensions needed...

tom in nh

Cast Iron
Hi all,
My shaper table feed screw goes back and forth when ratchet is engaged.
Have a sheared tab on S7-163 - I believe it is a single internal tab washer / shim. Would someone mind taking theirs off to accurately measure it?
So far I can guesstimate that ID = .375, OD = .625, thickness approx. .050", tab approx. .0938" both ways.
Does anyone have a source for this? MSC and McMaster Carr do not carry this size. Bokers does not deal with a 1 piece order.
Finally, I am missing both springs (S7-170) that go inside the ram top clamp. Could one post these dimensions (length, ID, OD, and spring thickness) also?
This is also posted at the 2 Yahoo shaper groups.

Many thanks,
Tom

If you don't want to file the I.D. of the washer to create the key from solid, there is another way. Start with an ordinary washer of the correct dimensions. File or broach a key way in the I.D. and silver braze in a rectangular key. Make a spare while you are at it.

If you want to enjoy your obsolete machine tools, you need to enjoy making replacement parts for them. I know I do.

Larry

Ted,
Have you got a phone number or address for Clausing? Any charge for the prints?

Larry,
Not a big deal to make one. I would rather spend ~$5.00 than to waste a few hours for a flimsy single internal tab washer.

So, does anyone have measurements for this washer? I have the measurements for the springs already.

Thanks again,
Tom

While I'm not Ted, I do have contact info. Maro and Keith used to be the go to guys there for me. Unfortunately, that was a long time ago in another century, Maro has since retired and I have no idea what became of Keith or Norma for that matter. Hope this helps.

Clausing Service Center
811 Eisenhour Dr S
Goshen, IN 46526 (574) 533-0371

Back