What's new
What's new

Hendey 1b information

raven007

Aluminum
I am seriously contemplating the purchase of a Hendey 1B universal. It is NOT going into a production shop so being old school is not an issue.

I need some information on weight. The seller says it weighs around 1250-1500 pounds. If this is the case, I have a heavy single axle trailer that can handle it. (Data plate says max load 1900)

I know a 1 is smaller than a 2, and a 2 weighs 2300. I can pull the motor and drive off and put it in the truck to reduce the load on the trailer and make the mill less top heavy.

raven007:

The Hendey 1B Universal Mill weighs 2160lbs. Does it have the Vice, Dividing Head and the Raising Block? The Hendey No.2 (B style) Mill weighs 2875lbs.

Hendeyman

Last edited:
Awesome! So i need to get a couple hundred pounds off to keep my trailer from dying.

No dividing head or vice. Does have some of the change gears in the column for the dividing head though.

Awesome! So i need to get a couple hundred pounds off to keep my trailer from dying.

No dividing head or vice. Does have some of the change gears in the column for the dividing head though.

Hello. I have a Hendey Norton 1 1/2 Universal. B & S No. 10 taper and 3 1/2" OA bar diameter. The motor above simulates the way they would be driven by line shaft. A heavy motor for sure and all the attachments represent another few hundred pounds. I didn't get the original Dividing head but the vertical head attachment weighs a lot too. It has B & S No. 10 also at its nose. These are great milling machines until all the greatness is worn away. Mine will stand and More importantly, the knee feed screw Requires a weather proof "pocket" because it extends under the base some inches,when the table is lowered to max. Good luck with yours. I marvel at mine.

Was going around in a circle with other threads. This Hendey milling machine is a peach but wasn't called a peach back when it was made. It was mainstay. It was THE machine. It could do most anything and dang if it didn't. About 100 years old now and the early texts say " Annular Bearings" so they understood so much before the advent of roller bearings.

Back