What's new
What's new

B&S #13 (old style): What do your end-of-travel stops look like?

torinwalker

Aluminum
Gentlemen,

My 1943 Brown and Sharpe #13 has some missing pieces that I hoped you could help me with by taking photos of your (same model) machine.

Here is the mechanism with the lever in the center, and on either side, the adjustable stops that push the lever which causes the table to reverse. However these aren't the proper dogs for reversing the table mechanism.

IMG_7285_medium.jpg

According to the brochure for this machine, these paddles are actually stops for a dial-indicator to measure distance, and there should only be one. The previous owner(s) somehow managed to acquire two of these and used them as table-reverse dogs (which if not tightened can slide and cause the wheel to crash into the headstock/tailstock)

The actual dogs that reverse the table feed, shown here, are missing on my machine. I suspect these dogs engage the rack using pins or complimentary rack teeth, but I can't tell from the image.

dog.jpg

Could someone with the same model as mine take one off and snap a few photos so I can replicate a pair of these for my machine? Thank you.

Torin...

Attachments

• IMG_7286_medium.jpg
    IMG_7286_medium.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7287_medium.jpg
    IMG_7287_medium.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 19

Back