What's new
What's new

Baby Wilton

ibboatin28

Plastic
So I found a 2 inch baby Wilton on Craigslist and it's complete and in nice shape, but it needs paint. What is the proper/original color for them?

Randy

How do you tell the date? There is a 6-53 stamped on the keyway that keeps the front jaw from spinning is that it? It's a Wilton 920 if that helps, and it has the swivel base.

I got one that was still in the box but not knowing that they were collectable I chucked the box and stuck the thing on my shelf. mine is hammertone blue.

Thanks for all the replies guys, that helps a lot. I think the hammer tone paint is a Sherwin Williams product.

I have a 2 1/2" that has 5-53 on that key it appears to have been a light gray not hammertone.My 2" one is the blue hammertone,but its newer.

Did some more research here.It appears the 2" is the smallest that wilton made.I checked two old catalogs from Holloway brothers tools,a local distributor here in DE years ago.The 2" that I have is not as hammertone as I thought it was.It is blue,and the date on the key is 2-83.I got it at an amateur radio flea market in Baltimore for 10 bucks about 15 years ago.Quite a steal,it was un used.I made brass jaws for it and use it for special jobs.Wilton called it a jewelers vise.They also made a ball joint work positioner with a flange for the jewejers vise.I use an angle plate with the vise,and mount it in one or the other of my 4" bench vises which have swivel.

Back