What's new
What's new

bearings for a gaso pump

idacal

Hot Rolled
Im working on a gaso mud pump doing a power end rebuild I have new gears ordered and am shopping bearings, I can find the 5315 double ball bearings no problem but the timken 8315 bearing is a little tougher my 8315 looks like double barrel shaped rollers but when I look up that bearing number some are ball bearings and some are rollers I have tried reading the bearing number charts and am not understanding them any help would be great.

The 8315 is an angular contact bearing. Timken made and or makes a roller bearing as you describe that has barrel shaped rollers.

There are also ball bearings that have the bearing races ground to allow a degree of movement.

That is why you are finding both types.

Theoretically. You would need to check all of the specs to make sure. The roller style probably would have a better radial load number.

The 8315 is a spherical roller bearing. I usually has a tapered bore that is expanded to reduce the radial clearance and lock it in place on the shaft.

The ball bearing in the pic is also a special full complement bearing.Extra load capacity..........the barrel roller is available with either taper bore or straight bore.....taper bore suits a mounting adaptor.

Amazing - I.B.I. interchange book lists the Timken 8315 under IBI Group 41634.03 and states it is a Double Taper Cone roller with two cups. The two listed interchanges are even more obscure by Jeffery 902770 and Goodman 2160146

Dimensions given are 2.9528 bore, 6.2992 OD and 2.6875" wide

Timken Bearing dimension guide shows the bearing on page 528. Self-contained Bearing. Metric dimensions are bore = 75.000, od = 160.000, cone width = 68.263
English dimensions are as Mr. Oder stated.

thats the dimensions I got also, I took them down to my local bearing shop and those guys are trying to track them down. its just the numbers are not matching up with what they are, like there is numbers missing. I found the 8315 that looked right on eBay and it was 1200.00 while another that was the same number, but looked different was 280.00
the 5315 are readily available but they are not the max or something. sometimes I just have to have the pros do it.

Back