What's new
What's new

Beaver on a trailer----

Markusfu

Stainless
pic of a Beaver table saw made by the Hucchinson Manufacturing co -PA 1930 . I found this catalogue at an auction on Saturday

beaver1.jpg

Of course OSHA would have a fit but back then folks had brains and common sence enough to keep their hands away from the dangers.Now adays everything has to be made odiot proof.Most folks today are looking for a reason to sue.

Several years ago a OSHA inspector visited this small, all by itself mine.
He duly informed owner he must have an intercomm to topside.
Reply was: since I,m out here by myself, who the hell will I talk to? You stupid SOB. Now git the hell off my land before you git shot!.
Exit inspector.

Hello,
For those of you wanting to know, that engine is a Briggs and Stratton Model "M". It was sold by Briggs from 1930 thru 1934. It's a 1 to 1 1/2 hp, 2.25" bore x 2.25" stroke, L-head engine. I've seen a few of these engines restored at shows and they run nice.

Thanks
Richard Jensen

<<Of course OSHA would have a fit but back then folks had brains and common sence enough to keep their hands away from the dangers.>>

Yeah right. Mostly we just lost a lot of fingers. When I was growing up in the late '50s in Chicago about 5% of the adult males had some form of traumatic amputation of the digits. It was just considered part of working in a factory. "These things happen"

When I moved to rural Vermont in 1972 a close look at any gathering of locally raised males would show that several were missing their thumbs.

These men had all worked on the splitter in the only industry in town, a bobbin mill.

Back