What's new
What's new

Benchmaster vertical mill

Daughty

Aluminum
Hey guys I'm looking to purchase a benchmaster vertical mill attachment. I know there is the one on ebay for a ridiculous price of $600. If you have any leads on either the attachment or an entire machine please let me know! Location does not matter as long as it's within the US.
Thanks!

He's had those parts up for almost a year and prices never change. He won't because if someone gets desperate enough they'll buy what they need at that price.

No I have not, that wouldn't be a bad idea. I've thought about making the attachment myself.

In the end it may be the best path, and you can do so all the way from haywire and chicken fence to a unit that looks like it came with the machine, but of course the effort will cost a lot of time, and that $600 may start to look reasonable towards the end.
If it were a new machine the vertical spindle might be priced the same in today's dollars, and maybe much more, since we all have only so many hours in our lives available it can be a tug of war between losing the time or the money.
This I know because when I decided to make some new machine parts for sale and set the price it matched within about 2% of what replacement parts from that era were, adjusted for inflation.

I would be awfully tempted to use one of those cheap ER20 spindles...heck on a BM maybe even ER16...doubt you can use much bigger tooling than 1/2" anyway.

I was ready to adapt a vertuical head to a hiriziontal BM that I have, when I came across a genuine BM head for the huge price of $5 five bucks, at a tool sale. I picked that sucker up right away, of course. Needed new grease seals, but it works fine.

The BM is not much of a horizontal mill, but the vertical is stout enough to do most any work that fits on the table. Yeah, it is a small machine, but if you have small work, it can be handy. The only big issue is having no quill. Aside from that the head is a bit big compared to the table, hard to see under, But useful enough that I'm not kicking mine to the curb just yet.

Yes that makes $600 seem excessive. :D

My old Benchmaster came with only a vertical head. I sold it long ago.

Mine is a common story I'd guess, before I could buy more machines I had to sell others, and I never lost the love for them. I did good work with the little mill, I wonder where it is now.

Well if anyone knows where to the get the vertical head for the benchmaster let me know, or if you have a lead on a decently priced Rosnuk head, Bridgeport R head or C head let me know!

No I have not, that wouldn't be a bad idea. I've thought about making the attachment myself.

I have a vertical head it has no quill but will shift left and right plus will nod in and out. head takes morse 2 or b&s 7 collets hafta look. the shaft is 2" diameter and the shaft that drives the spindle is 1/2 or 5/8"
I had it set up on a Burke no.4 worked well, moved up to a Bridgeport m head.

i want 275.00 plus shipping if interested reply al

Back