What's new
What's new

Best Test Indicator help

Froneck

Titanium
I have a nice B&S Best Test Indicator, black face. Works great, found in a box lot I purchased. However the Crystal is missing. I don't want to use it without the Crystal, I have quite a few Starrett B&S and Mitutoyo Best Test type indicators so it's not needed at this time so I can wait to get it fixed. I measured the opening with Starrett Digital caliper and seem to be 37mm. Looking on ebay I see a 38mm available. Anyone know what size I need? I didn't measure the outside diameter of the dial, it's serrated but can be much larger than 39mm. My other B&S indicators don't have as big a Dial/Crystal. Can't Post a photo at this time due to upgrade Win 10, now my camera will not work on the computer!

Check out the information here: Indicator crystal insertion instructions

I replaced a couple of these in my Best Test indicators. Ordered from vendor on eBay. I got plastic not glass. On these indicators you don't need a press; you can use your fingers to press them in. One of my crystals was a little tight (the bezel had been bent and I straightened it) so I just sanded the OD down a little by hand and it pushed right in.

Ted

Back