What's new
What's new

Big award for Rivett608!

It is worth a trip to Kansas City to see the Toy and Miniature Museum, where many of Bill's creations and lots of other great miniatures are on display. The big parts (houses and furniture) are mostly wood, but there are some astonishing tiny metal bits. I have been there twice.

The award and the Craftsmanship Museum in California are funded by the founder of Sherline. I seem to recall that Bill uses machines by their competitor, Taig. No hard feelings, eh.

Larry

A well deserved award.
Many times I have been awestruck by his models.

This award recognizes work of the highest possible standard, work that we have been fortunate to be able to admire for a number of years, thanks to PM. Sincere congratulations, Bill, on a wonderful achievement.
-Marty-

Thank you all very much! I am truly honored to be added to this very exclusive club, as they call it. Some of these members are the creators of work who's videos have been shared all over the world and others were people I have followed almost all my life like Gerald Wingrove. I have even been invited to visit him in his shop and I am planing on going! I really want to thank the late Joe Martin for creating a museum and foundation to show the kind of work we all do. I have often joked that I have never made a useful thing in my life, I say this in comparison to all those machinists that make the parts for the advancement of life, rockets and spaceships, implements to find energy or cure cancer, prototypes or patented things to improve our everyday lives, etc. Me, I make little things that no one needs but that just bring enjoyment into our lives.

I also want to thank the many members here on the PM that have followed my work and commented or asked questions about it. The reason I post it here, and this is one of the few places on line my work can be seen is the quality and understanding of the viewers comments here mean so much. You guys know what you are looking at and what goes into the making of it. Thank you for your encouragement!

Back