What's new
What's new

Black Diamond Drill Sharpener Part needed

gunner312

Plastic
I have obtained an Older Black Diamond Drill Sharpener Model 2A. Made according to the people at Black Diamond sometime around 1940 to 46.

It runs amazingly quiet and smooth.

While "some" parts are still available I need a few things that are not.

It is complete except for the "spacer" and other associated parts that are needed to dress the wheel on the circumference. The parts list/picture I have is pretty bad and I'm unable to read the darn thing.

Is there anyone out there that has the part(s)I need that would make me a drawing of them so that I could make the parts myself? It seems that the parts are as rare as frog hair or duck lips. The Black Diamond dealer wasn't any help at all.

Don't need a professionally drafted copy just an accurate cartoon would do.

Any help out there?

Jim Wright

There are guys selling parts on eBay all the time, I'd keep an eye out there if I were you. You should post a picture of what you've got exactly and what you're looking for.

The problem I have is that I don't know exactly what it is that I need.

According to the people at Black diamond, I need parts that enable you to dress the perimeter of the wheel. THey consist of a "spacer" and a post that go in the place of the point splitter. I guess you take the point splitter off the machine and in place of it you put the "Spacer" and the "post" then you can dress the perimeter of the wheel.

Thanks,

Yes the picture shows what I need (I guess). But it is located in Baltimore and I am in Belfair, Washington (state) just a bit of a trip, especially these days.

It is difficult to rebuild/repair/reserect an older machine sometimes, especially when you have no idea what the part looks like.

The guy at Black Diamond I talked to told me what I need but didn't have one in stock or even where I could get the parts I need.

Looking for help.

Jim Wright
([email protected])

I used an older 2B Black Diamond at a shop I worked in for many years. It didn't have a built in dresser for the O.D. of the wheel either - I never even knew they actually made one for those older machines. I just used a cluster diamond dresser pressed into a 3/4" aluminum round and turned down on the other end to insert into an old screwdriver handle to dress the O.D. of the wheel for point splitting, that worked just fine.

Back