What's new
What's new

Boyer Schiltz Manual Needed

PeterH48

Aluminum
I recently picked up a Boyer Schultz surface grinder and I am in desperate need of a manual for it. I cannot find one anywhere, at least not for the model I have. Mine is a 618-H. Serial Number H-905. It has the hydraulic feed for the table. I think they made a model H618 but that one is different also. If anyone out there has this machine and has the manual, I would be willing to pay you for your trouble if you could make a copy for me. Any help would be appreciated. I have been searching online, but so far have not found the one for my grinder. I have posted a pic of what mine looks like. The pic is not my machine, but mine is identical to the one in the picture. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• surface grinder.jpg
    surface grinder.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 67
Boyar Shultz made the 612 Challenger and Deluxe, then extended the machine to 618
and also added hydraulic feed, but this is the larger and redesigned model that
does not share the same architecture. I believe they sold both machines at the
same time. I have never seen a manual online for this larger model.

-Doozer

Thanks for the reply. I have been looking at pics of B/S surface grinders for the past week and some of the 618 models had a direct drive spindle and the older styles like mine are v belt driven off a pulley on the back of the spindle. The motor is mounted inside the machine cabinet where it is hidden. They had to have offered some kind of manual for them. Mine has the hydraulic feed and it looks like they used Dexron II for hydraulic fluid. When I moved the machine some splashed out of the tank and it was red in color like ATF fluid. A manual would tell me what fluids are supposed to be used.

Back