jcollings

Aluminum
Can anyone ID this follower rest.

Thank you
7d770ca0e54970cfab5e43a3ab7335c3.jpg
3f7537388fd95110f74c3c7481d69e0d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Best if you could provide:

Distance between the mounting screw locations, and the height between the mounting screw locations and the appx centerline of the rest (where the fingers would meet web fully extended. This could be for a AA products lathe or for an american pacemaker....

Span on the bolt holes will likely be quite a bit more than that shown for an ATW lathe. My 12" High Duty has about 4" between the bolt centers and thats sure to be small compared to a Pacemaker. I'm inclined to think this follower is for a small lathe.

I would have guessed Logan or South Bend also .
If there are any numbers stamped or cast into it if I remember many Logan Part numbers start with LA- followed but perhaps 4 numbers.
Check the Logan pages on Vintage Machinery or on the Logan Lathes website.
Jim

There is a O8T 8 on the casting,
Center to center on mounting
1.200 inch

Thanks

Thank you so much Jim ,
greatly appreciated z
that's the document I was looking for I can forward it to this other person that was basically confused and asking questions to me,
Have a great evening be safe[emoji106]

Going by your measurements, it could be from a 9" or 10" Logan. The 1.2" measurement on the mounting holes matches the follower for our 10" Logan 200. The 3 3/4" measurement seems too short, but your photo doesn't make it clear where you're measuring to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I'm not doing that measurement Is in person, I'm getting the measurements from somebody else,and I don't know exactly that point, I tried to explain the previous scenario but I don't know if it was followed in terms of closing the 2 jaws tight and measuring from that point. so when I drew that line it was a reference, to that other person, I'm pretty sure the mounting dimension is correct, it's hard to explain to some people where Or what to get measurements.

Thank you

I’ll need to dig out mine and compare, but almost certainly a Logan or south bend as others have said. The 9 and 10 inch versions look very close but hard to tell without putting them on the lathe. Funny story, I had one I thought would fit my 9, turned out to be for a 10, I posted on Craigslist to sell or trade it, a guy contacted me that had one for a 9, that didn’t fit his 10! We traded strait up.

There is a O8T 8 on the casting.

I figured that the above nomenclature would be the deciding factor on which which machine it was for.

I kind of think that Logan also made an 8" swing machine early on but I'm not sure and didn't look too hard .
If the follow rest is too large for a 9" machine it could be a possibility.
Montgomery Ward also sold rebadged Logan Lathes under their name or something like Powerkraft ?
They may also have a listing on Vintage Machinery or Lathes.co.UK.
Jim

Back