broken Starrett 123 48" Vernier Caliper - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Upstate NY -In the Flats next to the corn fields
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dude who the F are you? Some clueless moron that has NO idea how a jobshop operates no doubt. If you had a clue you'd understand how most jobshops need to be ready for any work that comes along. That includes having all sorts of hardware and materials to build a jig or fixture to get the job done without buying new shit every job. Understand the playing field before you stick your foot in your mouth. The OP and hundreds of other shop owners on here have forgotten way more than you'll ever know about the biz.

Quote Originally Posted by davehud View Post
    Yep. Wish I had a dollar for every junk filled machine shop I've walked into. machine shop owner = hoarder

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting post in Antique machinery! Dude!! I'll bet I forgot more than you will ever know about machining and I wish I knew 1/8 as much as others I have seen post and do in this forum! I am quite impressed with the skill and ability I have seen posted here! I have seen a guy post a photo of something he made with a Ball Peen hammer that I didn't think was possible! Guys that take a machine built long before your father was born and returned it to as good as new! You might want to take your job shop mentality to another area, antique machinery is not one of them! I'm sure we have a lot of guys rebuilding CNC machinery here I'll bet when you hear scrape you think someone rubbed some skin off! Yeah I have a job shop, I have competitors but when they can't do it they come to me! My competitors work cheaper, produce a lot of junk and when something needs to be done right they come to me! Actually I wish they didn't, I'm 71 years old and would rather tinker on things that interest me! I like competitive pistol shooting, I want to build target pistols! Build the best, But my customer beg me for help! I was good but have a son that's better shooter! Google Adam Sokolowski, my son. So Dude take your digital vernier caliper and shove it where the sun don't shine! Go back to pushing buttons to make a machine work, yeah I have one of those dummy machines too and leave us skilled machinist to post intelligent conversation here!