What's new
What's new

Brown and Sharpe toolpost Grinder???--For Sale Cheap

tommy1010

Stainless
Here is what I believe (I am sure this forum will correct me if I am wrong) a small tool post grinder. It was made by Brown and Sharpe. It has NO 00 on it. Check out the pics. The shaft is in an eccentric bushing/bearing and can be rotated to adjust height to the miniscue measurement. It spins smooth as silk. It is too large for a USPS small Flat Rate. Too small for a medium box so I will box it up appropriately and tell you how much postage if you buy it. It obviously was powered by a belt driven motor. $25.00 plus whatever shipping could be. Paypal, check, or money order. You choose. PM me and reply to this thread if you want it. Pm me if you have any questions the pic won't answer. And of course reply to this thread if it is not what I am guessing it is. Maybe someone has a Brown and Sharpe Catalog from years gone by and can identify what it is.

100_1471.jpg100_1472.jpg100_1477.jpg100_1478.jpg100_1479.jpg

Here is what I believe (I am sure this forum will correct me if I am wrong) a small tool post grinder. It was made by Brown and Sharpe. It has NO 00 on it. Check out the pics. The shaft is in an eccentric bushing/bearing and can be rotated to adjust height to the miniscue measurement. It spins smooth as silk. It is too large for a USPS small Flat Rate. Too small for a medium box so I will box it up appropriately and tell you how much postage if you buy it. It obviously was powered by a belt driven motor. $25.00 plus whatever shipping could be. Paypal, check, or money order. You choose. PM me and reply to this thread if you want it. Pm me if you have any questions the pic won't answer. And of course reply to this thread if it is not what I am guessing it is. Maybe someone has a Brown and Sharpe Catalog from years gone by and can identify what it is.

View attachment 318813View attachment 318814View attachment 318815View attachment 318816View attachment 318817

I'll have it. PayPal works.

Memory is hazy, but ISTR an early form of "live" tooling.

More useful for putting an oil hole, safety wire hole, grub-screw divot, taper-pin starter/marker, or a similar "minor feature" onto a bushing or the like - or running a small slitting saw/milling cutter for grooving or parting-off at a workpiece - whilst still in the chuck - (to use simple examples), than it would be for "grinding".

Or that's the sort of use it WILL get, HERE, anyway, given I have McGonegal & Precise grinders, already.

Medium FRB cost is OK. Don't waste time that is worth more than hassle on custom boxing of a once in a blue moon transaction.

An email just sent via PM to yah arredy.

The PM-PM message system inbox fills up too fast, so I have mine optioned OFF, in favour of regular email.

Bill

Bill I did not receive an email from you. My email is [email protected]. Give me a shout and we can close this up.

Just resent it to that address.

I left as a second "To: the address you have on-file with the PM email server that I had replied to on the first-go. Might want to check your profile on PM and update that ..@pplweb.. one?

Good thing we checked, as if PayPal is your choice, the address you use with that is one we both would like to be the right one!

:D

UPDATE: Got yer note. Funds sent.

.. and hung like a trans-oceanic submarine telegraph cable, given the distances involved.

Helluva man Owd Jim, after all!

I mean.. talk about "side effects" of "TDS"?

...a CORDED electric motorsickle.. with a 500 mile range?

:)

You coulda.....coulda just given me a "Like" instead.....but Noooooo....:D

As a professional pig, you have me outmatched when it comes to such jousting. I therefore leave the wallow to you and your digestive remains.

BTW, since you're projecting, I can only hope your partners wear as much protection as is available on the gimp sites. More layers is more better, with enough there should be no sensation at all...

Somewhere in my house, I have a Brown and Sharpe book that has all of the attachments listed and what they are used for, but as usual, I cannot put my hands on said book.... I wish there was a link to download it somewhere.. I tried vintage machinery but there is no such book in the Brown and Sharpe section that I can find.. Cheers from Louisiana.. Ramsay 1:)

Back