What's new
What's new

Buffalo Drill press

Highpockets1

Plastic
I have looked all over the web looking for pics of a drill press like the one I have. Nothing shows up. I am beginning to think I have the rarest of rare. It is a Buffalo No 14 "TWIN" head floor model. I am thinking of cleaning it up and repainting it but as some purest go they think this will lower the value?? As near as I can tell its 95% original and everything works. Motors run, all adjustable slides work except for the motor slide rack and pinion that is belt adjustment and I am working on that. It is set up to drill on the left side and thread on the right with a Size No 2 style EX Procunier auto threading devise. Looking for advise.
P.S. I also have a No 22 Brown & Sharpes mill vise that I can not seem to date or find on the web. If I could find out some manufacturing dates for both of these I would be most appreciative. They could both be for sale to right home.
Thank you

Yes but mine has a twin spindle. Do you have any idea of about what year or years these were manufactured??
Thank you all for any info. :)

That drill was made for decades from the 1930s up thru 1960s at least. If you go to Vintage Machinery web site that
Reggie linked to you should see its in the catalogs for all those time periods. I wouldn't say its rare but not nearly as common as the single spindle drill because it was a factory item. Places that bought something like this used it till it was all used up.

Back