What's new
What's new

Can anybody tell me about a "Dynamic" Universal Mill

Rren3

Plastic
One of the local junior colleges has an old mill that they are going to sell. The labels say "Dynamic". It is a horizontal mill, but it has a vertical head that goes on it. I only have a couple pictures right now.

Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance
RandyDynamic3.jpgDynamic2.jpgDynamic1.jpg

"Dynamic" is just a importer's name put on a generic Taiwanese or Chinese mill. This is a standard practice for a lot of companies to make a generic machine without maker's identification. An importer attaches whatever name he/she wants to the machine. Big problem with this is that there is no way to identify the actual maker for quality or repair parts. If something goes wrong, you are either up a creek or make the part yourself. Pricing should reflect that.

Tom

"Dynamic" is just a importer's name put on a generic Taiwanese or Chinese mill. This is a standard practice for a lot of companies to make a generic machine without maker's identification. An importer attaches whatever name he/she wants to the machine. Big problem with this is that there is no way to identify the actual maker for quality or repair parts. If something goes wrong, you are either up a creek or make the part yourself. Pricing should reflect that.

Tom

Thanks, I will definitely keep that in mind. WIthout name or model, parts will be a big problem. I think though it will be under $500 so maybe.

Randy

Going off those photos - not a lot. It's a grey painted milling machine.

Regards Tyrone.

I know the photos are lacking. Sorry. I was told 5 min before the shop closed about it going up for sale. I took pictures of all the ID plates I could find, thinking I could find it through a Google search and learn more about it. So at the moment, those pics are all either of us have to go on. I won't be able to get more photos until spring semester starts Jan 13th.

Back