What's new
What's new

Pratt & Whitney Model 3C Milling machine

SteveM

Diamond
Pratt & Whitney Model 3C mill, includes right angle head (but missing head clamps) almost complete set of collets by 32nd, some arbors, overarm and motor

Original overarm and original main spindle drawbar

Original 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" arbors. Additional shop-made 7/8" arbor. There were no 5/8" nor 1" arbors that came with these mills.

Set of original 4PN collets, full set by 32nd's from 1/16 to 11/16, missing 21/32, 7/32 and 13/32. I can include an extra odd-size you can grind out to 3/4" if you need one.

Does not have the original reversing switch; it uses a drum switch.

Original right angle vertical milling head with original 4PN drawbar, plus a drawbar and adapter for 3C. Missing head clamps, but I can supply photos and dimensions.

Knee crank handle, half dozen t-nuts that fit the table slot.

Motor / pulleys under the bench (Not the original P&W motor, but there is a motor under the bench wired into the switch). I believe it is 110 volt and it is single-phase.

Note the bench is built into the wall and the rest of the bench next to it, so the bench is NOT included.

A huge assortment of end mills, cutters and slitting saws will be included, plus some small fly cutters and anything else I might be able to dig up.

The dividing head sitting on the machine not included (it has already been sold).

There is a 4" South Bend shaper vice available, but not included. A Kurt vice without a swivel does not work well on this mill (even a 3" Kurt), but the South Bend is a 4" vise that fits well on the table (I use one on my 3C). I will not sell the vise separately until after the mill is sold.

I have a speedranger with a 1/2 hp single-speed 3-phase motor for sale separately, if you are interested. The motor is partially rebuilt and disassembled. I have not yet run it. It includes the bench-top speed control / speed indicator and connecting cable.

Located in Stamford, CT.

Price: $1,500 or best offer.

Attachments

• PandW_3C_Mill (1).jpg
    PandW_3C_Mill (1).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 715
Hi, just ran across your post. Very cool old machine. Do you happen to still have the vertical head available?

Back