What's new
What's new

Can you identify this shaper?

AndyMN

Plastic
I recently bought this metal shaper and can not identify the make or model. Can anyone identify it.

I will do that thanks. I was trying to figure out how to post a picture but will do it in that section.

Sorry guys. I couldn't find the antique Machinery and history section Shaper.jpg but please see the attached picture. I bought it online yesterday and don't physically receive it until sunday. I have been looking at the picture but can't identify it. The vertical feed screw to adjust the box, and the appearance of a pulley in the rear that would indicate the shaft of the motor is inline with the ram seem to differentiate it from any pictures i could find online. That or i just don't know what i am looking at. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Andy

In a way it looks a little like a Lewis kit that is reversed, except no one uses film and negatives any more. Both the Lewis and the Rhodes have the elvating screw on the RH side of the machine, this has it on the LH side, plus, it appears to have a gear box with a worm drive between the eccentric and the main body, which is in line with what would normally be the bull gear. I suspect that this does not have a bull gear in the traditional sense, the only one like it I've seen. The only other one without a bull gear has a bull sprocket, that is the Logan.This really is interesting and I'd like to hear what makers data you find on it after you get it. Thanks,
And I hope the Mod moves this for the sake of the OP. I don't know how to do it and probably can't. There are some great threads in there about shapers Andy.

Back