What's new
What's new

canton crane

scoobee66

Plastic
let me state first off,i am new to this forum,and far from well versed on its contents.I seem to be in possession of a hill-acme,canton crane.After doing whatever research i could (internet),this crane seems to be about 100 years old and very rare.There is a ny antiques house called WYETH that is asking some huge price for one that seems to be identical (in better condition).If anyone out there can give me any info on this thing,i would really appreciate it seems like someone added an extension to it possibly, to give it a little more reach.I would be happy to part with it,at a fair price to get rid of it inasmuch as i keep moving it around the garage and its kinda in the way.I am completely in the dark as to its true rarity and value.so anything anyone can tell me about it would be appreciated i am located close to binghamton ny about 160 miles north of ny city

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,116
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 466
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 790
Last edited:
Canton crane

I own a 6000 LB. Canton crane that is fitted with a modern 1 HP electric motor with a drum switch to reverse the electric motor. From research I have done, the Canton crane was built some where around the year 1940 by the Hill Acme company. The electric motor that came with the crane when I bought it was a old 3 phase 1 hp motor. I have posted a picture of my crane. I would also like more information if any one knows any thing more about this Canton crane

Attachments

• P7250520.jpg
    P7250520.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 689
I am completely in the dark as to its true rarity and value.

no antique road show find here.
they are cool as hell looking and availible now and then for a couple hundred bucks

an antique cherry picker! [that is an inside joke]. neat item. You see stuff like this in antique stores for big money because once in a while they get it, but that doesnt mean anything unless you are an antique store that has rich folks from NYC looking for some cool thing for their loft.

I have crane but I mostly buy crane systems from Crane Warning SystemS Atlanta. You know I am here to make people aware of the systems that it is very important to use them. We all know crane are very huge and they might be hard to handle.

In the past eight years since the last post in this thread, the cranes discussed have not gotten any 'huge-r'. However, we appreciate your warning us of them. If only you had warned us of you.

HI, is this portable crane still available to buy or rent? Please call me if it is, Phil, 818 400 4111. Thank you

Back