What's new
What's new

Carboloy 999 hardness grades

Thanks for the chart Milland :) I have looked at it and other charts. This one has a few industry codes but many are missing I have purchased new C5 and C6 but don't see them. However I will use numbers on the top of the list like 999 is and put them in the search bar in ebay. Thanks again!

Froneck,
I like 999 also. I've bought and scrounged every brazed tool bit that I could find. Some say 883 is the replacement but I think not, someone said it was C2 and I also think not. There are certain jobs like sharp corners in hardened steel and reworking face details that grade 999's work well on. If you find a mother load count me in.
spaeth

Froneck,
I like 999 also. I've bought and scrounged every brazed tool bit that I could find. Some say 883 is the replacement but I think not, someone said it was C2 and I also think not. There are certain jobs like sharp corners in hardened steel and reworking face details that grade 999's work well on. If you find a mother load count me in.
spaeth
883 carbide is defiantly not as hard as 999! I have quite a few of them plus they are easy to find. In the comparison chart C4 is supposed to be similar to 999 However C-4 (1/4" Square) is a size and shape of brazed tool bits that when searching a place like ebay most of the items listed are C-4 thought I search grade C4. I tried most of the other grades that were supposed to be equivalent to 999 on the chart but none were found! I do have a new E-6 Carboloy tool bit and a few other type that are quite used so I too am searching for more.

Back